Friday, November 27, 2009

Shanghai 11/27

That's Sarah coming out the door of our hotel (urbn)

The street outside urbn hotel, Shanghai

The gang of four heading towards the gardens in Suzhou

Beautiful vista in the gardens

The Humble Administrator's Garden, Suzhou

I liked the way this duck looked and the reflections in the water

Tranquil

Here we are!


Ni Hao (hello) from Shanghai!

I have access to the internet again - I thought the authorities were blocking me from access to the blogspot but it was just my nephew Ben being on the same site at the same time and forgetting to log off all night.

We spent this afternoon at a town called Suzhou (an hour or so outside Shanghai) and visited a tremendous garden complex. We only visited the garden called "The Humble Administrator's Garden" (one of three major gardens in the town and then returned to Shanghai. We had the use of Bob Roche's driver to take us too and from Suzhow and to the shopping areas. The girls spent some time at The Pearl Market area doing some shopping while Ben and I took the subway to find the stadium where the Shanghai soccer team plays to get a jersey for me. Success, I now have a neat new jersey with Chinese characters on it.

Tomorrow is going to be more shopping and hopefully getting to see the Shanghai Acrobats.

Sorry I couldn't put more stuff out here - there is limited access to this site - more about that after we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment