Friday, February 26, 2010

02/26/2010 Quito in the afternoon

On the road to Quito

Carol and Connie in the park

We got to Quito around 2:00 and checked into the Hilton. Some of us went into old Quito for a little shopping while other (myself included) decided to hang around the hotel. A little later in the afternoon Connie and I went for a walk in the big park across the street with Dave & Carol Tivoli. Then back to the room to wait for our dinner. We went to The Red Crab Restaurant - we also ate at the same restaurant (in Guayaquil) last year for a spectacular seafood meal. I can;t explain how good this seafood is! This is Luis and Chio's favorite restaurant and we had some of their delicious sangria to wash it down. Back to the Hilton to write this up and prepare for tomorrow's trip to the Amazon for 3 days. This wil be the highlight of the trip in my mind. I seriously doubt I will have internet access until we return so I'll report on the Amazon trip when I can.

Adios, amigao y amigas!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying all of the beautiful pictures. Have a great time on the Amazon. You have no idea all the fun you are missing here, though. Seriouly, not jealous at all!! ;-)

    Linda (evidently having to post as anonymous - won't let me log in.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things in Ecuador? Saw the news this a.m. about the earthquake in Chile and was concerned about you!!!!

    Love and Hugs
    Irene and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you get some pics of that giant Anaconda -- they made a movie about it. BTW, you've got the 10th pick.

    ReplyDelete