Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017_12_31 NEW YEARS EVE IN ELLA

I am posting images to the blog after I got home. 

This morning we slept a bit more - 6:00 for me.  We are to meet for breakfast at 8:30 so Connie and I are repacking our bags.  We all had laundry done at the hotel yesterday and that will all be back in the bags in a sort of orderly fashion.  




Richie Steingart and I went for a short walk in the tea fields across the street from our hotel before breakfast.  Really scenic.



Gale presented books and pens to theses kids at a banana stop on the way to Ella.


Typical street scene along the way.


Welcome tea and coffee on the terrace.


In the hallway looking into our room.



Main bedroom.


The smaller accommodation.

Another two hour bus ride got us to Ella in the late morning.  We arrived at The Secret Ella hotel and checked into our lodgings.  Connie and I are sharing one of the 2 original rooms with Paul And Larainne.  Our room is a “family room” with 2 bedrooms and a shared bathroom.  The Redikers and Steingarts each have a new bungalow that has a great view.  We plan to watch the Patriots game tonight on Rich Rediker’s Slingbox.  Amazing what you can do with technology.

After a greeting cup of tea or coffee at a table with a fantastic view of the valley below we were taken into town on the bus to The Ceylon Tea Company Restaurant for lunch.  


Coffee press with a 3 minute sand timer!


Karu with Larainne.



Connie and Maddu.


After lunch some went shopping for tea and I finally found a Sri Lankan cricket tee that fits.  Oh and I decided to stop at a salon and have my head shaved to start the new year.  I was 5th in line and had to wait a bit but he did it with water and a straight razor.  Done with that we went back to the hotel.



We had a dinner that was at the restaurant (convienent) but not really a great meal.  The staff really tried to accomodate us and then had a fireworks show for us at the turn of the New Year.

I made it thru 1/2 of the Patriots game and headed back to sleep a bit.




HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ELLA, SRI LANKA!








No comments:

Post a Comment