Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018_01_03 SRI SHARAVI BEACH RESORT

I went walking thru the neighborhood this morning basically wanting to see the water buffalo in their field.  We passed a bunch of them yesterday on the way in.  When I got over there I only saw 2!


Here were the 2 water buffaloes.


Cranes coming in for a landing.


And taking off.


He wanted to show me his home made cricket bat.


Tuk tuk breakfast/coffee stop.


He invited me to see his "zoo".  No time sadly.


He asked if I needed a ride on his scooter. At that time I was ok for time so politely declined.


Buddha image outside a local stupa (temple).


Rooster walking down the lane....

On the way I saw a couple of schools and “talked” to a bunch of people.  All were very friendly, honking horn on scooters and tuk tuks as they passed.  One man invited me in to see his “mini zoo”.  I politely declined as I didn’t really have the time. Several asked me where I was going and offered me a ride. I saw a bunch of birds - many the same as we saw at the bird sanctuary yesterday.



As I headed back I was a little concerned that I had stayed out too long.  A lady asked me where I was going and said she was going to Buckingham Place.  So I jumped on her scooter and didn’t fall off despite holding my camera and camera case in one hand. 

Turned out she worked at the spa as we found out when we were leaving.  Cool!


Blood sugars were low so Nick Buckingham had them quickly make me a plate of French toast that I at in the pool!


Ready for breakfast  Lots of orange was the theme.


I gave Nick Buckingham my orange sunglasses.  Seemed right.



As we were leaving and walking towards the gate.  Orange bikes everywhere.


My scooter savior earlier that morning. Outside the spa.


She filled a birdbath outside the spa each day with flower petal art.

We rejoined Maddu and Karu on the bus and went about an hour and a half furthernwest along the coast.  Since the holiday was over the chaotic traffic returned.



Connie enjoying the pool at Sri Shari Resort.


Walked down the beach a while to swim in a protected area.


Protected by this sea wall.  The ocean was quite rough!

Arrived at our next stop Sri Sharavi Beach Resort found our rooms and hit the pool.  Very nice accomodations, a great infinity pool hard up against the beach.  We later walked a was down the beach to a sheltered spot where it was safe to get in the water.  Everywhere else was intense waves and riptide making swimming unsafe.


Sunset 


Walking back to the resort after sunset.


Dinner was out here between the pool and the ocean!

Back to the pool for a bit more and dressed for a dinner at a table set up above the beach.  Nice setting with the sea breezes and the food was great.


Early to bed tonight - 4 of us are leaving at 6:00 for whale watching.  Our bags have to be ready as we will leave as soon as we are returned from Marissa.





No comments:

Post a Comment