Tuesday, September 9, 2014

2014_09_09 Back to Puno

We will have a visit to a museum started by the owner of the hotel this morning and then around 12:30 speed straight back to Puno by the fast boat.  A totally relaxing day and I think most will be thankful for that.


No I didn't take this - I wish!  Hanging on a wall in our hotel and I shamelessly took a picture of IT.  This is an alpaca.  No wonder their wool is so prized.  Looks pretty abundant!


I was up trying to get internet access this morning and was sitting in the lobby.  Look at the view!


We walked on the property to the owner's library and museum.  That plant in the front is the national plant of Peru - name not remembered.This place was really pretty nice with a lot of historic artifacts.  The library had a ton of books about Lake Titicaca and Peru.  I wish I learned about it sooner - too late to make use of it.


You can barely see tow canoes in the distance. I thought for sure it was Rich Rediker and someone else.  I wanted to capture the moment - the view from the front veranda of the hotel is pretty great anyway.


This was our guide at the hotel Wilson.


Inside going up to the rooms - this shows you the architecture of the hotel.


It was pretty hot in the sun.  Maybe 55 degrees but it felt like 90!


Rich and Gayle went for a walk back towards the hill this morning.  The llamas that were in their pen last night were out grazing.  They said that the llamas were walking on the trail!


Rich Rediker on top of the high speed boat back to Puno.  He stayed up there the entire 3 hours (bundled up) as the wind got pretty stiff.  I stayed up there an hour but I only had on shorts and a long sleeve tee.  I was hiding out of the wind but I got tired of it.  Rich is a trouper.


Almost back to Puno I think they were fishing.


This guy is definitely fishing!


Inside the boat.


Almost there.  That's our hotel straight ahead.


Duck along the pier walking back to the hotel.


This old lady sheep herder was yelling at everyone "No foto", "No foto".  Unless you paid her some dinero.  So I walked a bit further - take that SeƱora.  I think she was also waving her switch at our friends.


The view out of our room looking at Lake Titicaca.  First floor this time, second floor last time.  View not quite as good but the lake is pretty shallow right by us.

No comments:

Post a Comment